Recent spoils.
Vintage white teapot with chrome insulator cover:
I have always been fond of tea, and often have a cup of peppermint tea to aid in digestion after dinner and settle myself down before bed. On weekends it's nice to make a big pot for us both to pour from throughout the afternoon, but I haven't had a teapot big enough to hold more than two cups. This one should fit the bill. The mottled coloring on the chrome are water marks the seller didn't clean off before she took pics. I hope.Vintage Gainey pottery white cylinder pot:
My new color scheme for the bedroom is white on white. I want to keep it as light and clean as possible, especially during the summer as it gets really hot up there. Rather than an airy feminine approach, I am going for sleek and architectural. We have a few plants in front of the window, and this simple cache pot sets off their greenery against a pristine background so nicely.Mid-century bench:
Another white piece for the bedroom. Isn't it fantastic? When we painted, we moved a Brazilian leather folding chair and footstool out of the way and out of the room, and never got around to putting it back. We thought the leftover space would be perfect for a bench just inside the door, parallel to the bed. It will make a great place to sit and put shoes on or toss a magazine onto instead of the floor. I can think of other things to do on this bench, too. Vintage Sascha Brastoff lamp base, signed:
I started collecting Sascha Brastoff pieces after I moved down to DC. His mid-century Los Angeles shop produced a number of motifs, from Eskimos to floral, but I love the golds, teals and browns evident in this stripey lamp. It will go perfectly with a couple of his vases I already own, and I have just the spot for it in the living room. Will need to get a shade for it.
Petite faux bamboo tole pagoda chandelier:
She's not very big, but she's very adorable. Can you see the little bells hanging between the lights? Sigh. I originally planned to hang it in my little attic office to replace the track lighting that I hate, but now I might have other plans for it. Rooster is not a fan. I don't care, I love it!
So, there's the loot. Some deals were hotter than others but ouch! It adds up. I must stop. Must. Stay. Away.
1 comment:
The bench and the lamp I love love love. I want them for my own! Also, now I know where I can get a cheapie little chandelier to paint for my new dining room. Craigslist has been a bust for that. Hurray! I love it all. You are a shopping genius.
Post a Comment