Hard to believe it was three years ago today I met my beloved Rooster in a crappy Irish bar. We drank whiskey, argued about perception vs reality, made out on my friend's living room floor. Today, we care for each other so well, with such deep appreciation, that I wonder at how I blundered through other lesser loves. I also marvel at the unexpected places and spaces where wonderful things emerge.
Hard to believe that I could slip and fall down stairs, land on my lower back, and manage to suffer just a bad contusion and not a fracture. After two days of bed rest I am much, much better. But that was scary.
Hard to believe that I will be in Alabama in two days and not get to see A. The trip is just too short and family-intensive, so I will have to head south another time for a dedicated visit. Also, holy shit, rental cars there are CHEAP.
Hard to believe I am this busy with work, while R has none. C'est la vie, no?
4 comments:
i might be making one of those short, family-intensive trips in a few weeks.... would love to see you and the rooster if i can.
take care of yourself, honey. your household really doesn't need any more bad backs.
sweet
also, i will be in new orleans when you are in bama, so no worries. i would rather have you all to myself sometime anyway
also, i love those shoes
Post a Comment