

The red sofa is up against another red wall that is a darker and deeper shade. I think pale blue is going to work best and is more interesting than just beige or white. What do you think of any of these? And am I on point with the color choice?
I adore this tufted Thomas Paul rug so very much, but sadly it is out of my price range at around $1400 for an 8'x11'. It also comes in a 8' round version that would look really cool, but that's still a grand.

Another Thomas Paul design called "Flock." It's a dhurrie rug, so it's not plush, more like a coarse blanket. But I like the design and the price is right -- on sale for $650. This is the one I'm really leaning towards.

R tends to go for the more traditional, less graphic stuff, so I'm throwing this Pottery Barn "Maren" option in the mix. It runs about the same as the Flock rug above.

Another Pottery Barn option. This one is the right color family, but it seems a too cutesy for me. It hits our target price point though, at $500.
I'm also thinking of hanging some pretty drapes on either side of the entryway to the room that could be pulled shut to serve as a guest room in a pinch.
Would that be weird? I'm not sure if I should hang them IN the room, just OUTSIDE the room, or WITHIN the doorframe. I'm thinking in the room probably makes the most sense.
I should get paid to do this stuff, man. If the economy weren't in the shitter I'd seriously consider being a personal shopper. I rock the interwebs.
5 comments:
yes on all of the above.
i think the blue with some brown in it will be more versatile in the long run. also i would hang the curtains in the room in a way that so when they are open they hang outside the door frame on the inside of the room and you cannot see them from the dining room
so it was only last night that i realized that THIS is the entry about the hateful little corner. it's so ... UNhateful. xo
oh no it's not this one. i haven't posted the HLC entry yet.
ok. so i am not slow. just eager.
Post a Comment