Work is busy these days, and these day slip away quickly. God, I can't believe it's January. I've never been a big fan of January. Cold. Baited. Uncomfortably inevitable. But here we are.
January has brought a renewed obsession with food and exercise, which is a welcome compulsion. My pants fit better already! Thankfully the time I'm spending in the gym is all benefit and no cost -- literally. I love that I have a free facility!
The food side of things has been unexpectedly vegan recently, without any conscious effort to make it so. I've been cooking a lot of soups and other vegetable dishes that just end up animal-free. Often the only sin is a rind of parmesan reggiano slipped into the broth -- and if that's wrong I don't want to be right. It adds such a rich silkiness to my italian soups. Delicious! I threw together a minestrone last night that was lovely, but I just know it's going to be much better today. And this time I made a ton of it so there would be leftovers -- a rare thing in our house.
R and I have been having anxiety dreams. Nothing like a wedding registry to make you feel like a real asshole. He dreamt I left him, and he had to deal with boxes and boxes of gifts. Sometimes I think about something happening to him and panic fast and hard. I remember Day telling me she experienced that too. Today he drove me to work, and sitting there beside him in the cold car, in the severe January morning light, I loved him so much it terrified me.
3 comments:
butterflies and soaring for you.
i love that you love him so much
it is really, really good. =) so happy for sarah. and your squeeze.
Post a Comment